Reports to: The Chief Executive
Location: The Crann Centre, Classis Road Ovens Ballincollig Cork.
Contract Details: Full-time Permanent role.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive package, flexible working, opportunities for continuing personal development, international partnerships, and knowledge networks.
This is a really exciting opportunity for a highly-skilled, ambitious team player with proven business building skills to join the Crann Centre at an exciting stage in our development. You will have a unique opportunity to build a strategy and shape a team of staff and supporters to deliver the funds for an organisation whose programmes change lives.
It’s a great time to join an ambitious, focussed team that are working with national and international partners to deliver great services with evidence-based outcomes for children, adults and families living with neuro-physical disabilities. Our ambition is to use the evidence from our work to ultimately change the system of how services are planned and delivered.
Working closely with the Board Chair /Founder and the Chief Executive you will build Crann’s fundraising capability, developing, and implementing the strategy, structure, processes, and relationships which deliver the sustainable income needed to deliver our mission.
You will be strategic, comfortable working at leadership level, a collaborator and highly skilled at building strong stakeholder relationships both internally and externally.
- Develop, implement, and lead an ambitious, sustainable, diversified, and values-driven fundraising strategy, build capabilities and relationships which maximise support for Crann’s work.
- Manage the Major Gift campaign to deliver strategic multi-annual funding.
Strategy and planning
- Develop and lead a three-year fundraising strategy to achieve agreed stretch targets for all income streams, focusing initially on major donors, including trusts and foundations both local and international.
- Devise and implement detailed annual plans with KPI’s.
- Define the level and timing of human and other resources required to deliver the strategy.
- Review and develop Crann’s case for support.
- Devise funding packages and themes that support Crann’s programmes and projects.
- Work with the Board Chair and Chief Executive to build a Strategic Funding Committee that will support the delivery of the strategy.
Growing the donor pool and portfolio
- Develop a prospect pipeline that balances immediate needs with long term relationship development.
- Prepare cultivation plans for prospects.
- Leverage existing relationships and build new ones to ensure that the strategy is a success.
- Actively ask for donations to support Crann
- Build enduring relationships with existing and new funders.
- Develop a stewardship and recognition programme for existing and new supporters.
- Ensure that all reporting and communications are to the highest standards
- Using experience and contacts to build the team and support members to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Managing workload and performance through regular one-to-one line management discussions
- Plan and implement personal development programme for team members in all relevant skills
- Foster a culture of open communication within the team.
- Develop and implement processes and tools to manage prospects and donors at each stage of their engagement with Crann
Financial and risk management.
- Develop and manage budgets for fundraising activity.
- Build effective reporting systems which support internal and external reporting.
- Identify key risks to income and reputation, working with the Crann team to build mitigation strategies
- Contribute to the development of strategy for the Crann Centre, culture, knowledge management, evaluation and learning processes, research initiatives, operations plans and budgets.
- Build and sustain an organisation-wide awareness of fundraising as a priority and secure commitment from stakeholder groups.
- Ensure that Crann follows best-practice and is compliant with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development
- We welcome candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds ideally with 5 or more years experience in a similar role, or in a role that entails significant sales experience
- Experience of Major Gifts or equivalent work in charity or commercial sectors
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in delivering an income growth strategy.
- Experience in collaboration at a senior level.
- Strong knowledge of research trends and best practices.
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder and donor relationships.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Track record of bringing innovative creative thinking and fresh ideas in a team-based environments
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent IT literacy. Experienced in Salesforce, Teamwork, and other platforms.
- Effective leadership and management style.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to achieve ambitious targets.
- Drive to get transformative gifts and the ability to ask well, and with inspiration.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions.
- Commitment to the Crann Centre mission, core values and culture.
If you would like a confidential initial discussion about the role, please contact our Chief Executive, Padraig Mallon, at email@example.com or call 085 870 1624.
Those interested should send their CVs with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, February 7th.